The Certificate II in Food Processing offered by River Murray Training targets those working within a production or production support role, for example, packaging, machine operations and bottling, and is designed to meet the day to day operational needs of a food production organisation.
This qualification may be accessed by direct entry.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Do you have work skills and knowledge that are not recognised by a formal qualification? You may be eligible for recognition of prior learning which will reduce your training time as well as the cost of the course. Discuss your RPL needs with an RMT training manager prior to enrolment.
Example Course Structure
The qualification is highly flexible, allowing the application across the full range of food industries. The unit selection below represents a training plan for a vegetable packing shed.
- FDFFS2001A Implement the food safety program and procedures
- FDFOHS2001A Participate in OHS processes
- FDFOP2063A Apply quality systems and procedures
- FDFOP2064A Provide and apply workplace information
- MSAENV272B Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- FDFOP2001A Work effectively in the food processing industry
- FDFOP1003A Carry out manual handling tasks
- FDFOP2061A Use numerical applications in the workplace
- FDFOP2004A Clean and sanitise eqiupment
- FDFOP2002A Inspect and sort materials and product
- FDFOP2010A Work with temperature controlled stock
- TLIK2010A Use infotechnology devices in the workplace
- FDFPPL2001A Participate in work teams and groups
18 months part-time
Available payment options
Full program $3250
Per unit fee $250
(refer to fee payment options and fees in advance policy)
Students will receive a folder with printed learner guides.