The Certificate II in Wine Industry Operations offered at RMT offers a solid skill and knowledge basis for entry to the wine industry, and is applicable across the full range of winery activities. You will develop the skills and knowledge to enable you to work safely and efficiently in the industry in a supervised environment.
This qualification may be accessed by direct entry.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Do you have work skills and knowledge that are not recognised by a formal qualification? You may be eligible for recognition of prior learning which will reduce your training time as well as the cost of the course. Discuss your RPL needs with an RMT training manager prior to enrolment.
Example Course Structure
This qualification can be applied across a wide range of job roles in the wine industry. This unit selection is applicable to a cellarhand working across a range of work areas.
- FDFOHS2001A Participate in OHS processes
- FDFOP2063A Apply quality systems and procedures
- FDFOP2064A Provide and apply workplace information
- FDFFS2001A Implement the food safety program and procedures
- MSAENV272B Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
Group A Elective Units
- FDFCEL2018A Carry out intert gas handling operations
- FDFCEL2017A Prepare and make additions and finings
- FDFCEL2019A Carry out transfer operations
- FDFCEL2001A Perform oak handling activities
- FDFOP2004A Clean and sanitise equipment
Group B Elective Units
- FDFCEL2005A Operate the pressing process
- FDFCD2003A Evaluate wines (standard)
- FDFCEL2013A Operate the pressure leaf filtration process
- FDFCEL2014A Operate the rotary vacuum filtration process
Group C Elective Units
- FDFOP2013A Apply sampling procedures
- FDFWIN2001A Perform effectively in a wine industry workplace
- TLID2010A Operate a forklift
24 months part-time
Available payment options
Full program $4250
Per unit fee $250
(refer to fee payment options and fees in advance policy)
Students will receive a folder with learner guides as well as access to RMT's oinline learning management system.