The Certificate III in Rural Operations is a highly flexible qualification that can be designed to meet the training needs of supervisors in rural businesses of any description. It's perfect for supervisors and coordinators of mixed enterprises, including the whole range of livestock, agriculture, horticulture, viticulture and wine production.
This qualification may be accessed by direct entry.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Do you have work skills and knowledge that are not recognised by a formal qualification? You may be eligible for recognition of prior learning which will reduce your training time as well as the cost of the course. Discuss your RPL needs with an RMT training manager prior to enrolment.
Example Course Structure
This qualification is incredibly flexible, and can be used to meet the requirements of any rural organisation - the below unit selections have been chosen to meet the requirements of a mixed viticultural/horticultural enterprise. Contact us to discuss how this qualification can be modified to meet the requirements of you and your workers.
- AHCOHS301A Contribute to OHS processes
- AHCWRK313A Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- AHCIRG301A Implement a maintenance program for an irrigation system
- AHCIRG302A Install irrigation systems
- AHCIRG303A Measure irrigation delivery system performance
- AHCMOM315A Operate chemical application machinery and equipment
- AHCPCM301A Implement a plant nutrition program
- AHCPHT306A Establish horticultural crops
- AHCPHT310A Coordinate horticultural crop harvesting
- AHCWRK302A Monitor weather conditions
- AHCWRK306A Comply with industry quality assurance requirements
- FDFWGG2018A Operate vineyard equipment
- FDFWGG3001A Apply chemicals and biological agents
- FDFWGG3002A Coordinate canopy management activities
- FDFWGG3006A Coordinate hand pruning activities
- FDFWGG3010A Implement a soil management program
- FDFPPL3004A Lead work teams and groups
- TAEDEL301A Provide work skill instruction
36 months part-time
Available payment options
Full program $5200
Per unit fee $325
(refer to fee payment options and fees in advance policy)
Students will receive a combination of printed materials and access to RMT's online learning management system, depending on particular units selected.