The Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is the entry level requirement for trainers and assessors in nationally accredited qualifications and courses. River Murray Training offers the Certificate IV to new students, as well as specialising in upgrades and pathways from previous and related qualifications, and RPL pathways for registered teachers.
Although there are no explicit entry requirements, you should consider undertaking the TAE40110 qualification when you have considerable industry experience (and ideally a supporting vocational qualification) and you would now like to train others.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Do you have work skills and knowledge that are not recognised by a formal qualification? You may be eligible for recognition of prior learning which will reduce your training time as well as the cost of the course. Discuss your RPL needs with an RMT training manager prior to enrolment.
Example Course Structure
- TAEASS401B Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402B Assess competence
- TAEASS403B Participate in assessment validation
- TAEDEL401A Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402A Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- TAEDES401A Design and develop learning programs
- TAEDES402A Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEASS301B Contribute to assessment
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
6-9 months part-time
Available payment options
Full program $2700
Per unit fee $270
(refer to fee payment options and fees in advance policy)
Students will receive a folder with learner guides as well as access to RMT's online learning management system.