The Diploma of Irrigation Management reflects the role of an irrigation business manager. The course, through eelctive selection, cal focus on business, retail, operational or be more generalist. The course has application for owner-operators of a small irrigation firm, or a dedicated role in irrigation management in a larger enterprise. For example, in agricultural/horticulture production, or organisations responsible for irrigated public open spaces.
This qualification may be accessed by direct entry or by completion of the Irrigation Manager or Irrigation Skill Sets. Direct entry applicants must be able to demonstrate prior experience in irrigation equivalent to a Certificate III or IV level.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Do you have work skills and knowledge that are not recognised by a formal qualification? You may be eligible for recognition of prior learning which will reduce your training time as well as the cost of the course. Discuss your RPL needs with an RMT training manager prior to enrolment.
Example Course Structure
Example course structure that will meet the requirements of the Irrigation Agronomist Skill Set, and the Diploma of Irrigation Management.
- AHCIRG402 Determine hydraulic parameters for an irrigation system
- AHCIRG501 Audit irrigation systems
- AHCIRG502 Design irrigation system maintenance and monitoring programs
- AHCIRG503 Design irrigation, drainage and water treatment systems
- AHCIRG504 Develop an irrigation and drainage management plan
- AHCSOL501 Monitor and manage soils for production
- AHCBUS503 Negotiate and monitor contracts
- AHCBUS504 Prepare estimates, quotes and tenders
- AHCBUS508 Prepare and monitor budgest and financial reports
- AHCIRG505 Establish and maintain an irrigation-related environmental protection program
- AHCWRK509 Provide specialist advice to clients
Students will need access to a computer and the internet. For students who do not have access to either a computer of the internet, please let your RMT trainer know prior to enrolment.
18 months part-time
Available payment options
Full program $5,500
Per unit fee $500
(refer to fee payment options and fees in advance policy)
Students can download learning resources from RMT's online learning management system.