This qualification reflects the roles of experienced practitioners delivering training and assessment services usually within Registered Training Organisation (RTOs) within the vocational education and training (VET) sector. They may have a role in leading other trainers and assessors and in providing mentoring or advice to new trainers or assessors as well as designing approaches to learning and assessment strategies across a significant area within the RTO.
Consider undertaking the TAE50216 after having gained a TAE40110 or TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, and experience in training and assessment roles with a Registered Training organisation (RTO). Extensive experience in a vocational role other than an RTO, where the focus is on competency-based training and assessment would be considered appropriate to enter the TAE50216 course.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
If you are planning on commencing this qualification, it is likely that you have experience and knowledge relevant to this qualification. You may be eligible for recognition of prior learning which will reduce your training time as well as the cost of the course. Discuss your RPL needs with an RMT training manager prior to enrolment.
Example Course Structure
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEDES501 Design and develop learning strategies
- TAEDES502 Design and develop learning resources
- TAEDES505 Evaluate a training program
- TAETAS501 Undertake organisational training needs analysis
- TAEASS503 Lead assessment validation processes
- TAEDES503 Design and develop e-learning resources
- TAEPDD501 Maintain and enhance professional practice
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- TAERES501 Apply research to training and assessment practice
1:1 mentoring or small groups - online facilitated or face-to-face in selected areas.
12-18 months part-time
Available payment options
Full program $3750
Per unit fee $375
(refer to fee payment options and fees in advance policy)
Students will receive a folder with learner guides, commercial resources, and access to RMT's online learning management system.