A consumer will be eligible for a refund in the event of goods and service not meeting the requirements set out in the Client Services agreement, or failing to meet the specific protections listed under Australian Consumer Law 2011 (www.consumerlaw.gov.au) A consumer is NOT eligible for refund in the event that training opportunities are provided and not acted upon as agreed in the Client Services Agreement.
When a refund is requested the following conditions apply:
- The notification of withdrawal and application for refund must be made in writing prior to course commencement, or within 10 working days of the last recorded attendance at or participation in training, The application must be addressed to, and acknowledged as received, by the Managing Director, River Murray Training.
- The materials fee will not be refunded for materials already received by applicant unless those materials are returned unused to River Murray Training and at the applicant’s expense within 7 days of notification of withdrawal.
Calculation of refund on monies paid prior to commencement of training:
- Notification of withdrawal and application for refund received 14 or more calendar days prior to the agreed commencement date will be repaid LESS 25% of administration fee.
- Notification of withdrawal and application for refund received 7 to 13 calendar days prior to the agreed commencement date will be repaid in full less 50% administration fee.
- Notification of withdrawal and application for refund received less than 7 calendar days prior to the agreed commencement date will be repaid in full less administration fee.
The refund will be calculated on a pro-rata basis of training provided by RMT in that scheduled payment period plus the administration fee for any units commenced.
It is the responsibility of RMT to ensure that the opportunity to train is made available. It is the responsibility of the person requesting training to ensure that the opportunity is undertaken. In the event that RMT is unable to fulfil its contract with a client, RMT will refund the client the proportion of fees paid by the client for which services were not received. If a refund was requested due to a claim of poor service or as a result of client being misled about a course, then this should be referred in writing to the Managing Director. In the event that River Murray Training ceases to operate as an RTO it undertakes to assist students to transfer to another training provider.
Should you have a concern about our services, fees or refunds, please contact a customer service officer at River Murray Training or email us on email@example.com
For information about consumer rights and complaints handling refer to www.complaintline.com.au