The Workplace Supervisor skill set is suitable for supervisors and managers involved in developing the skills of their team. In particular these competencies are essential skills for those engaged in supervising apprentices or trainees.
There are no explicit entry requirements, but the Standards for RTOs require that people delivering and assessing training have vocational competence at least to the level of the unit being delivered, and current industry skills directly relevant to the training being provided.
NOTE: This course does not qualify you to assess Nationally Accredited units.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Candidates with relevant experience may be eligible to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Please contact us prior to enrolment if you believe you fit the criteria for RPL.
Units of Competency
This Skill Set consists of three (3) Nationally Accredited units of competency:
- TAEDEL301A Provide work skill instruction
- TAEDEL404A Mentorin the workplace
- TAEASS301B Contribute to assessment
- Organising, demonstrating and instructing work skills for a range of learners
- Preparation of a mentoring plan that facilitates three (3) mentoring sessions
- Assessment planning and contributing to the assessment process
Option 1 - Workshops
Intensive Delivery Workshops, delivered in the enterprise workplace for groups of 4 - 10.
- Pre-reading, learning and knowledge based activities
- 2 days face-to-face learning and practical assessment activities (TAEDEL301A)
- 1 day face-to-face learning and practical assessment activities (TAEDEL404A)
- 2 days face-to-face learning and practical assessment activities (TAEASS301B)
- Post session assessment work if required
In this delivery mode, learning is broken into chunks with collaborative facilitator-led work based learning activities. Assessments will be completed both at the workshop and in the workplace.
Option 2 - Facilitated On-Line
This self-managed delivery mode is undertaken at home or in the workplace. All materials can be downloaded in an easy-to-use Microsoft Word format, or are available in Print form. Course requirements are completed over 12 weeks, with a weekly on-line tutorial 1:1 with your facilitator. Additional support is available via phone, email, and our online e-learning centre. The Course Workbooks and evidence is emailed or posted to your facilitator for assessment.
5 days of workshops + on-job skill development
1-12 weeks (flexible)
Available payment options
(Fees to be paid on enrolment)
Students will receive a folder with Course Workbooks, Reference Material, and access to RMT's online learning management system.