The Enterprise Trainer - Mentoring Skill Set meets industry requirements for enterprise trainers. It will equip you with skills and knowledge required to establish and develop a professional mentoring relationship with personnel in your workplace. The course is specifically designed for those who are currently working in industry, needing competency development or as a pathway into training and assessment.
There are no explicit entry requirements, but the Standards for RTOs require that people delivering and assessing training have vocational competence at least to the level of the unit being delivered, and current industry skills directly relevant to the training being provided.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Candidates with relevant experience may be eligible to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Please contact us prior to enrolment if you believe you fit the criteria for RPL.
Units of Competency
This Skill Set consists of two (2) nationally accredited units of competency:
- TAEDEL301A Provide work skill instruction
- TAEDEL404A Mentor in the workplace
These units are electives in the FDF30411 Certificate III in Wine Industry Operations.
NOTE: This course does not qualify you to train nationally accredited units unless you are under a supervision arrangement with a fully qualified vocational trainer.
- Organising, demonstrating and instructing work skills for a range of learners
- Preparation of a mentoring plan that facilitates three (3) mentoring sessions
Option 1 - Workshops
Intensive Delivery Workshops, delivered in the enterprise workplace for groups of 4 - 10.
- Pre-reading, learning and knowledge based activities
- 2 days face-to-face learning and practical assessment activities *
- Post session assessment work if required
In this delivery mode, learning is broken into chunks with collaborative facilitator-led work based learning activities. Assessments will be completed both at the workshop and in the workplace.
* Workshops can be reduced to one day, with post workshop skill development undertaken in the workplace. Our assessor will review your progress and complete your assessment within three weeks.
Option 2 - Facilitated On-Line
This self-managed delivery mode is undertaken at home or in the workplace. All materials can be downloaded in an easy-to-use Microsoft Word format, or are available in Print form. Course requirements are completed over 12 weeks, with a weekly on-line tutorial 1:1 with your facilitator. Additional support is available via phone, email, and our online e-learning centre. The Course Workbooks and evidence is emailed or posted to your facilitator for assessment.
2 day workshop + on-job skill development
1-12 weeks (flexible)
Available payment options
(Fees to be paid on enrolment)
Students will receive a folder with Course Workbooks, Reference Material, and access to RMT's online learning management system.