The Certificate III in Wine Industry Operations offered at RMT is designed for people working in the wine industry who want to gain skills in the operations and practices across a wide range of winery activities. You will develop the skills and knowledge to enable you to work safely and efficiently in running processes, to assist others in their work and/or supervise others. You will also learn how to monitor food safety (HACCP) programs, quality programs and occupational health and safety systems and procedures.
This qualification may be accessed by direct entry.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Do you have work skills and knowledge that are not recognised by a formal qualification? You may be eligible for recognition of prior learning which will reduce your training time as well as the cost of the course. Discuss your RPL needs with an RMT training manager prior to enrolment.
Example Course Structure
This qualification can be applied across a wide range of job roles in the wine industry. This unit selection is applicable to a production worker in a bottling facility.
- FDFOHS2001A Participate in OHS processes
- FDFOHS3001A Contribute to OHS processes
- FDFOP2063A Apply quality systems and procedures
- FDFOP2064A Provide and apply workplace information
- FDFPPL3002A Report on workplace performance
- FDFFS2001A Implement the food safety program and procedures
- MSAENV272B Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
Group A Elective Units
- FDFBP2001A Operate the bottle supply process
- FDFBP2005A Operate the electronic coding process
- FDFLAB2003A Perform basic packaging tests and inspections
- FDFLAB2011A Use basic laboratory equipment
- FDFOP2004A Clean and sanitise equipment
- FDFOP2011A Conduct routine maintenance
- FDFOP2030A Operate a process control interface
Group B Elective Units
- FDFBP2004A Operate the bottle sealing process
- FDFOP3004A Operate interrelated processes in a packaging system
- FDFBP2007A Operate the tirage and transfer process
- FDFBP2008A Perform packaging equipment changeover
- FDFBP3001A Operate the bottle filling process
- FDFOP3002A Set up a production or packaging line for operation
- FDFTEC4008A Apply principles of food packaging
Group C Elective Units
- FDFS3001A Monitor the implementation of quality and food safety programs
- FDFWIN2002A Identify and control risks in own work
- MSS402040A Apply 5S procedures
- TAEDEL301A Provide work skill instruction
36 months part-time
Available payment options
Full program $7225
Per unit fee $325
(refer to fee payment options and fees in advance policy)
Students will receive a folder with learner guides as well as access to RMT's oinline learning management system.